In the last year, we have made significant improvements to our product to enhance usability for engineers, procurement professionals, and compliance managers within our online marketplace. RigUp has earned praise as “the best-in-class bidding & procurement solution for oil and gas.” While still keeping true to our core mission (helping operators and service companies connect more efficiently), we have listened intently to all user feedback, and continue to perfect and mold the platform to meet the needs of our ever growing user base.
To illuminate some of the changes that have taken place over the past year, RigUp turned to a few of our early adopters, Cabot and Silver Creek to analyze the impact. In our analysis, jobs were compared only if their work scope, location, and job requirements were identical from last year to this year.
As RigUp introduced more powerful bidding and procurement features such as bid templates, E&Ps and service companies alike have benefitted. For example, both E&P companies showed a significant increase in the number of unique service companies who submitted bids to win the work. Silver Creek had a 27% increase in submissions and Cabot saw well over double the amount of bid submissions over the span of one year. In addition, both E&Ps showed significant improvement in bid submission rates.
Despite WTI crude prices increasing 33%+ during the same time frame, Cabot saw costs savings ranging from 14% to 32% on RFQ’s year over year for identical job work scopes. These requests included coiled tubing unit packages, isolation tool work (well intervention), wireline pressure control equipment, coiled tubing motor and mill packages, and workover rig jobs.
Silver Creek also saw cost savings of 9% on the same jobs over a similar year duration. The jobs being compared in Silver Creek’s analysis involve completion systems and well intervention by means of running new tubing on all wells with a liner hanger, liner-top packer, and toe-sleeve to test the liner prior to fracturing operations.
5 ways Silver Creek and Cabot leveraged RigUp to improve efficiency & reduce costs:
- Sourced more and new vendors through Open Market Bidding.
- Tapped into the power of RigUp Bid Templates to allow for apples to apples comparisons.
- Took advantage of RigUp’s permission settings and messaging functionality to make it easier for the technical owner and the purchaser to execute an RFQ much faster while maintaining security and transparency.
- Utilized RFQ Reports which allowed for streamlined analysis of multiple bids - allowing Cabot and Silver Creek both to bid to more vendors.
- Awarding work and assigning call positions provided a clear call-out structure for their company men in the field.
To learn more about RigUp and sign up for FREE, visit rigup.com or give us a call at 512-501-5452.
As an independent contractor, it’s essential...
By now, we’re all aware of the Section 232...
Grabbing an energy drink sounds good when...